Message from The Parents’ Association
Class /Year Group WhatsApp groups are a very useful and efficient way of communicating with the whole class or year group. The aim of using WhatsApp is to send messages to the entire group, on behalf of the parents association.
The messages in the class WhatsApp groups are sent on behalf of the Parents’ Association. The administrator of the group is the publisher and is the class rep of that year group.
The Parents’ Association would appreciate if parents would note the following guidelines when using class / year WhatsApp groups
- Only administrators (i.e. class reps or PTA committee members) can post to the group.
- The group should never be used as a platform co air views/grievances regarding a teacher, child or parent in the class or school.
- Teachers and individual students should never be named on WhatsApp groups
- WhatsApp groups should not be used to drive particular agendas
- The group is not a political platform for airing opinions on current affairs
- Groups should not be used to share jokes / offensive material or images
- The group should not be used for private conversations with anyone else using the group
- The usage of these groups should be kept to a minimum to avoid excessive messaging. When this happens, participants do not read messages.
We thank you for your understanding in this matter.